Benefits of Tungsten Carbide HardFacing Technologies and Products
Valuable equipment is subject to extreme wear by abrasion corrosion, erosion, friction, heat or impact.
ADVANTAGES OF HARDFACING Technologies
- Prolongs the life of parts and increases efficiency
- Reduces equipment downtime as it keeps equipment longer working.
- Productivity and profitability is increased
- Reduction of spare parts inventory.
- Resurfaced parts will help to reduce stocks of new parts normally required for emergency and general replacement
- Reduced power (energy) consumption.
- Parts hard faced with ARCWEL Alloys can outlast unprotected parts many times
What to consider before hardfacing TECHNOLOGIES– what is the wear problem?
- Is abrasion, impact, heat, friction, cavitation or corrosion present ?
- Which is the most important?
- What consumable can meet the demands?
- What is the base material composition-carbon, manganese, low alloy, stainless steel?
- What method or process is best to use or available ?(SMAW ,GTAW, MIG. OXY ACETYLENE, THERMAL SPRAY etc.)
- What Skills do your welders have?
- Is preheat necessary? What about cooling?
- Is there old hard facing on the part which needs to be removed?
- Is build up necessary before hard facing (buffer layer)
- What position is needed for welding? Which welding sequence is to be used?
- What size of electrode, wire or rod is needed?
- What quantity is required? Not Sure ?? We can help you to find the best solution : contact us today at: email@example.com
Heat, Impact ,Friction on forging tools
Cavitation on Turbines
Erosion on Rotor/Fan blades
Pressure and Friction on Rails & Wheels
Corrosion on Valves
Abrasion on Mining Equipment