Abrasion by minerals is the most common form of wear.
- It is caused by hard particles moving over a surface.
- In general, these are mineral particles (sand, ore, coal, cement oxides etc.)
- These particles are usually harder than the metal surface (part) undergoing the abrasive wear.
Mineral abrasion on sand mixer
Abrasion on mining equipment
Typical applications subject to mineral abrasion
- Bulldozer and grader blades
- Coal feeder screws ,
- Coal crusher rolls ,Cement and Concrete Pumps
- Conveyor screws
- Dragline buckets & dredging pump bodies
- Earthmoving and Mining equipment
- Exhaust fans
- Mixer blades & paddles
- Muller ploughs
- Ripper teeth
- Shovel and dragline buckets
- Shredder Knives &hammers
- Screw conveyors
- Sugar cane cutting knives and rolls
The following products have proven extremely effective for wear protection of the above mentioned applications
ARCWEL CODE DESCRIPTIONS/APPLICATION
|630 – SMAW
|High Chromium (29%) carbide alloy (our best seller)
For wear protection in cement works, earthmoving, quarries, steelworks,
|High Chrome, Niobium, Vanadium Alloy
For hard facing of parts subject to high abrasion, heat, and corrosion.
Coal grinding roller hardfacing ARCWEL 630 -FCAW